Leesburg, Virginia is 35 miles northwest of Washington, D.C. It is close enough for a commute to work, yet far enough away from the hustle and bustle of our nation´s capital. Although it continues to grow, Leesburg still has that small town feel.
The downtown historic district offers historic architecture and many oneof a kind shops, restaurants and Colonial and Civil War walking tours. The First Friday Gallery Walk is an event held the first Friday of each month. The event introduces Leesburg residents and visitors to emerging as well as established artists. What a great way to get out and see the fine art, crafts, antiques and collectibles.
Leesburg real estate is affordable and the county´s public schools rank among the best in Virginia as well as the nation. What a great place to call home!
Leesburg Area Links:
- “A gem of a museum in history rich Loudoun County
,” the Loudoun Museum
is the perfect place to uncover and understand our heritage – its what we all have in common.
Parks and Recreation
- The Town of Leesburg Parks and Recreation Department
is proud to provide a variety of services, programs, and facilities to expand your recreation and leisure opportunities.
Balls Bluff Battlefield Regional Park -
The Battle of Ball´s Bluff
was the largest Civil War battle to take place in Loudoun County. A portion of the battlefield, now almost all wooded, is preserved as a public park, open daily, dawn to dusk.
- is a National Historic Landmark
, located in Leesburg, Virginia
. Built in the first half of the 19th century, the house and the surrounding four acres are tangible reminders of a way of life that is rapidly disappearing in what is the third fastest growing county in the nation.
Historic Downtown -
The Leesburg Downtown Business Association
– invites you to meet me downtown Leesburg. The historic shopping district of Leesburg is a wonderful mix of specialty shops, art galleries, spa boutiques, antiques, clothing, eyewear, jewelry, home furnishings, gourmet foods, wine, and more.
Leesburg Antique Dealers & Collectibles - invites you to visit our member shops, representing over 120 dealers in the Leesburg area.
Leesburg Executive Airport – Welcoming Gulfstreams and Cubs alike, Leesburg Executive Airport delivers comprehensive services without the congestion, expense and delays common to larger airports.
– Historic Landmark Estate of Virginia Governor Westmoreland Davis
Thomas Balch History & Genealogy Library
– Thomas Balch Library
is a history and genealogy library owned and operated by the Town of Leesburg
. Our collection includes over 10,000 books and periodicals, newspapers, maps, photographs, and manuscripts, and focuses on
Leesburg Area Information
Population (year 2000): 28,311
Median Age: 33
Zip Codes: 20175, 20176
Cities Nearest to Leesburg Virginia
Nearest city with pop. over 50,000 - Reston, VA approx. 18 miles, pop. 56,407
Nearest city with pop. over 200,000 - Washington, DC approx. 40 miles, pop. 572,059
Nearest city with pop. over 1,000,000 – Philadelphia, PA approx. 177 miles, pop. 1,517,550
Hamilton, VA – approx. 7 miles
Poolesville, MD - approx. 10 miles Purcellville, VA
- approx. 10.5 miles
Lovettsville, VA – approx. 12.5 miles
Round Hill, VA – approx. 14.5 miles
Brunswick, MD – approx. 14.7 miles
Herndon, VA – approx. 15 miles
Middleburg, VA – approx. 15.5 miles
Average weather and climate in Leesburg, Virginia
|Average temp. (°F)
|High temperature (°F)
|Low temperature (°F)
| Snowfall (in.)
Library in Leesburg:
- Loudoun County Public Library – 908A Trailview Blvd.
Hospitals in Leesburg:
- Loudoun Hospital Center, Lansdowne – 44045 Riverside Parkway
- Piedmont Behavorial Health Center – 42009 Victory Lane
Other hospitals near Leesburg:
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital - Fairfax, VA
- Frederick Memorial Hospital - Frederick, MD
- Jefferson Memorial Hosptial - Ranson, WV
Airports near Leesburg:
- Washington Dulles International – Washington, DC
- Ronald Reagan Washington National - Washinigton, DC
- Hagerstown Regional-Richard A Henson Field – Hagerstown, MD
- Leesburg Executive – Leesburg, VA
- Frederick Muni - Frederick, MD
- Manassas Regional/Harry P. Davis Field – Manassas, VA
Colleges near Leesburg:
- George Mason University - Fairfax, VA
- Frederick Community College - Frederick, MD
- Montgomery College - Rockville, MD
- Shepherd College - Shepherdstown, WV
- Northern Virginia Community College - Annandale, VA
- Marymount University - Arlington, VA
- American University - Washington, DC